RE: TR5 on Ebay

To: "'Fred Thomas'" <vafred@erols.com>, <CP25616@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR5 on Ebay
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 15:21:45 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-triumphs@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Fred Thomas
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2003 2:22 PM
To: CP25616@aol.com; triumphs@autox.team.net

> > ).  I thought it a silly faux pas
> > for him to make since a TR engine number never ever matches the
> > commission number.
> >

> This is not correct ---if the car was very lucky then the comm. number
> actually did match the engine number and vice versa. I have proof that
certainly an
> odd TR6 or two was lucky enough to have this albeit rare combination.
> Just my tuppence worth.
> Alan Graham
> Scotland
=
I have never seen a T/R 2/4 with matching numbers, may be correct on
later
models but not at the beginning as far as I know.  "FT"

It is my experience that for every Triumph it would be purely a
coincidence if the engine and commission numbers actually match.  In
cars produced early in a series, the chances are better since the
numbers would start at 1 for the engine and the commission number.  As
you get later in the series, or if the engine number sequence spans
series, the chances become more remote.

Regards,
Joe Curry