Re: Bleeding Clutch

To: Ron Easterly <magician@usol.com>
Subject: Re: Bleeding Clutch
From: Bob labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:35:15 +0000
Cc: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Ron Easterly wrote:
> Can some one tell me the right way to bleed the clutch system ( on a TR3A ) or
> where to go to find documentaion on it?
> Without getting under the car, I can't find a bleeder valve...
> Is it on the trans housing?
>                              Thanks, Ron

Ron,

You bleed a clutch the same way you bleed brakes. The bleed valve
(screw) is in the Slave Cylinder which is mounted on the lower left side
of the engine/transmission. Just follow the line from inside the engine
and it will be right next to the  flexable hose. It helps if you have
someone handy to pump the clutch pedal or if you have a pump.

Since you are on your back and in the slave cylinder area, remove the
dust cover from the cylinder and check for crud. The last time I did the
bleed, there was a ton of road crud under that cover, inside the
cylinder. I removed the cylinder, cleaned and replaced the seal and
cover. Made for a very happy clutch!

Bob Labuz

1958 TR3A
1974 T140V