RE: Bleeding Clutch

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bleeding Clutch
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:43:19 -0700 FILETIME=[A3560930:01C368E5]
> Can some one tell me the right way to bleed the clutch system (
> on a TR3A ) or
> where to go to find documentaion on it?
> Without getting under the car, I can't find a bleeder valve...
> Is it on the trans housing?

The bleed valve is on the clutch slave, right above where the soft line is
attached.

The "right way" is whatever works.  I've found that usually, if the MC is
already bled, I can adequately bleed the slave by just opening the bleed
valve (with the front of the car higher than the rear) and waiting for fluid
to seep out.  Any residual air seems to works it's way out quickly as I
drive the car.

Randall