Re: engine mounts

To: mgodley@tiac.net
Subject: Re: engine mounts
From: "19623" <rstirb2@townisp.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 13:07:45 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Mike,
  Ths should be doable by just putting a jack under the oil pan, off to one
side, and jacking it up an inch or so to allow R & R of the mount.  Then
move the jack to the other side.  There is enough flexibility in the engine
mounting design to allow this.  Seems to me I did it years ago on one of my
4s.
  Let me know if you get stuck.  I'll try to help.

  Regards,  Rick
  1973 TR6 CF2570U   Shrewsbury, MA   508-845-1948

Re:

I want to replace the engine mounts on MY 4A.  Right now the gearbox is out
and
the engine is in the car, supported by a jack under the rear of the oil pan.

Has a anyone replaced the mounts with the engine in the car?  It occurred to
me
that before or during the gearbox reinstallation process there might be an
opportunity to lift the assembly,  perhaps under the forward part of the oil
pan..or with an engine lift ...just enough to replace....and minimize the
need
to disconnect/remove a lot of other stuff.