Re: TR8 rusty gas tank

To: <wayne_s@lycos.com>
Subject: Re: TR8 rusty gas tank
From: "Odd Hedberg" <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 19:48:10 +0200
Cc: "1-TR8-list" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>, "1-Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hello Wayne,
you wrote:
> Hi all,
> Just joined this list a couple days ago.
> My name is Wayne Swinth, 1980 TR8.
> I used to be on the TR7/8 list four years ago and could not find that
> list when I searched the web.  Does anyone know if it still exists?

Sure it does!
It was just the searchable Archive that went south with the bursting
IT bubble some years ago. Here's the info on subscribing/un-subscribing
that John W sends out now and then;
--
body of the message to the administrative address
"tr8-request@mercury.lcs.mit.edu" or

Note that you can only unsubscribe this way by sending your message from
the email address that is actually subscribed to the list.  (Similarly,
if you subscribe this way, the email address you send the message from
will be the one subscribed).  If you need to unsubscribe from another
email address, you should say "unsubscribe
the-email-address-you-want-to-unsubscribe" in the body of your message,
again without the quotes (and similarly to subscribe a different
address).  However, in this case the message is kicked to a person to
look at, to avoid people getting randomly (un)subscribed by others.  In
this case the action won't happen until the list maintainers look at it.
It's better to use the same address if you can.

Also, please keep in mind that the list forwarder insists that you post
messages from an address that is subscribed to one of the lists (digest
or regular).
--
Best regards
/Odd