RE: TR3 upgrades

To: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>, "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 upgrades
From: "Ken Gano, home" <Triumphs@consolidated.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 10:02:33 -0500
Preach mode on:

Originality = Slavery

Preach mode off.

kg

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-triumphs@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Lou Metelko
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 9:12 PM
To: List
Subject: TR3 upgrades

Bill:

A better alternative is to install an A type Laycock overdrive unit to your
transmission.  John Esposito is the undisputed master of the British
transmissions and his method is for you to send him your transmission (I
shipped mine via UPS).  John will change to the proper length mainshaft,
attach a fully reconditioned and guaranteed Laycock overdrive and return for
the drop-in installation.  If requested John can supply wiring harness,
relay
and switches.  It doesn't get any better than cruising at 80 MPH at 3150 RPM
in a fifty year old TR2.

John Esposito is in Monroe, Connecticut and can be reached at 203-459-9612
or
quantumechan@earthlink.net

Preach mode on  -  I have been around classic / antique / collector cars for
long time and the adage constantly preached is that the more you deviate
from
original form, fit and function, the more you lessen the value.  I
continually
hear that it is my car and yada, yada but I feel that is being very short
sighted.  In 2035, my estate's executrix will have no problem getting asking
price for an all original TR2.  Will yours have a problem explaining parts
availability for an old fashioned 1990 era transmission that no one seems to
remember what it is?  -    Preach mode off.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana

**