TR3 upgrade

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 upgrade
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 08:21:29 -0700
Well Lou all you say is true, and I loved the overdrive  in my
original TR3...but...John's setup is far more  expensive than the 5
speed.  All the  parts are 40-50 years old, even if reconditioned. I
hear horror story after horror story about solenoids that won't
engage or main shafts that are broken.
I got my TR3 to drive, and all the modifications I have made  are to
make it more reliable, and I think I have  succeeded...I don't care
about how much it will be worth to my Estate as my daughter will
surely continue to drive it.
Value to me is  the  enjoyment  of driving  the  car, enjoying the
true feeling of a  sports car that  only a  sidescreen triumph can
give to me.

--
Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3