TR6 for sale

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 for sale
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 12:09:12 -0400
Cc: 6pack@autox.team.net
A local TR6 has come up for sale recently. Here are the particulars:

1975, built the middle of the year, judging by the commission number. The
odo shows 111,000 miles. I looked at the car and spoke to the owner last
night. She has owned the car since 1978. It has never been driven in a New
York winter and from the condition of it, I believe her. The car was
repainted in 1980 or so, but it was well done. It's BRG and it appears to
be the original color. The body is straight and all panel fits are very
good. There is some rust in the sills, but other than that the body appears
to be quite solid. The frame is very solid. The tires are Michelin X,
175-15 and well age-checked, so it needs tires. The top is some sort of
aftermarket canvas affair in good shape and she says she has a second top
for it. There is a rollbar welded (?) to the parcel shelf behind the seats.
It has a luggage rack, which looks like a Triumph part. The chrome is quite
good overall, but it needs a bit of polishing. The interior is good in
general. The dash top pad is cracked, as is the finish on the dash itself.
The seats are good, althought the passenger's seat has a couple small tears
in the vinyl. The carpets and door panels are quite good. At some point
someone added a pusher electric fan and removed the shroud.

I plan to drive the car today to get more info on it. She's asking $9800.
If I was in the market for a late TR6, I'd seriously consider this one. It
deserves a good home.

The car is located in Freeville, NY, about half-way between Cortland and
Ithaca.

If you are interested, reply privately and I can give you information on
the owner and how to contact her.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (26 year owner)