Re: Upgrades vs originality

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Upgrades vs originality
From: "Peter Logan" <logan@pt.lu>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 08:28:46 +0200
Well - this one just uses the outer bodyshell.  For more originality (!) why
not use the British Rover V8 (3.5 litres).  This is a rework of the Buick 205
cu in, and many of the Buick parts fit.  It can be fitted into the stock
Spridget while retaining the original bodyshell and suspension.  This engine
is ally block, so does not weigh too much more than the original (I can lift
the block single handed), so the standard suspension is just about good enough
- you might want to uprate the front springs a little.  If you want more
power, the motor can be bored out to give around 5 litres, and with a bit of
heavy breathing can push out close to 500 ponies on the road.

In an attempt at list relevance, a lot of people did this conversion to Stags
in UK, back before the Stag motor got it's head problems sorted.

Personally I have no real beef with this kind of thing, not least because I
cannot get my head around the idea that something without a real chassis can
be called a sports car - that's my prejudice, and I'm sticking to it :-)

Pete

<<  Do I
 think someone should put a Hemi in an alloy-panel long-door TR2? Boy, I
 hope that never happens. >>

How' bout a Hemi in a Sprite?