Re: battery box

To: Paul Dorsey <dorpaul@negia.net>
Subject: Re: battery box
From: Drew Rogge <drew@pixar.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 08:16:22 -0700
Cc: triu autox <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Paul,

The welds holding the battery box in are called spotwelds and they're
created by melting the parent material and fusing it together. The way
I took mine out was with a tool called a "spotweld cutter" it's kind
of like a small holesaw but you're only supposed to cut through the top
layer of sheetmetal. In this case, that would be the actual battery box
itself. This link:

<http://www.eastwoodco.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=19068&Dep_Key1=>

should take you to a page which has an example of the type of cutter
I used.

Now all I have to do is to figure out how to get the replacement box
in the hole :-)

Drew

--
Drew Rogge