welder dilemna

To: "triu autox" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: welder dilemna
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 19:58:19 -0400
Hi,
I'm getting ready to do a frame-off restoration of my '60 TR3A.  I have a nice
solid car to work on with minimum rust.  Those peices requiring replacement
include only the:
battery box
both inner and outer sills/rocker panels
both left and right floorboards and
both left and right outside footwells

I have a good friend who is an expert mig welder who lacks equipment but says
he'll help.  I've bought and looked at Roger Williams "How to restore a TR3".
I've studied the pictures on bracing of the "door apertures" that he suggests,
but now I wonder how much welding will be actually be required on my car?  If
none other than the bracing, then it would be easier to take the stuff to a
welding shop than have to rent the equipment from a welding rental center.
What do people suggest?
Have I not read my book enough?

Thanks, Paul