RE: Please update your e-Bay account information

To: "triu autox" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Please update your e-Bay account information
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:58:31 -0700
> How did they have "ebay.com" in  their Url.  I thought that's a way to see
> if their fraudulent!

Notice all the gorp after the ".com", but no slash.  That gets interpreted
as part of the domain name.  I'm too lazy to look up all the hex conversions
(%xx gets interpreted as a single ASCII character), but it works out to
something like ebay.comiamafake.211.142.226.167:4987
That mess of numbers at the end is an IP address and port number, which of
course is off in Asia somewhere, beyond the reach of US law.

Randall