TR-8 street legal after market intake and carbs

To: "triumphs list server" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "buick-rover-v8" <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR-8 street legal after market intake and carbs
From: "Chris & Kelly Sharp" <4sharps@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:56:47 -0700
Howdy-

I recently acquired an '80 TR-8.  The PO had previously run the car w/ a
Holly 4V on an Offie manifold.  Before selling it to me, he attempeted to
reinstall the original carbs but didn't get it finished.

I've read that the aftermarket 4V (both the Holley and the
Carter/Edelbrock/Weber)set up is better than the original twin ZS
combination.  Since I have all the bits, I'd like to re-install 4V; however,
I also intend to use the car as a daily driver and would like for it to be
street legal.  Anyone ever install a street legal aftermarket system?  Or
would it be better to scrounge an FI system from a later Rover than to
tinker w/ the carbs at all?

Chris
'64 Spitfire4  95% complete
'80 TR-8 New-to-me project car