Re: Conversion to Negative Ground

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Conversion to Negative Ground
From: "Kurtis" <kurtisj@cox-internet.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 22:23:23 -0500
> It depends a bit on the switch ... is the ground wire red ?  Does it have
> more than two wires ?
>
> Most likely, the switch is mechanical and doesn't care about polarity, but
> the fan motor does.  If that's the case, you'll need to switch the wires
at
> the motor.
>
> Randall

Okay... I warned you that I wasn't too swift when in came to electricity.
The switch does not have a ground and a hot wire coming to it.  It just has
a hot wire coming in and going out (to the motor).  Thinking about it, that
makes sense.

The ground and hot (from the switch) are connected to the fan motor via a
plug connection, so I should be able to swap them around at that point (I
may have to replace the connecter).

It won't hurt the fan motor if I just swap everything else first and test it
out will it?

Kurtis J.
Russellville, Arkansas
1963 TR4