RE: TR-3 Windshield

Subject: RE: TR-3 Windshield
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:27:52 -0700
> The TR-3A windscreen is held in place by the stancions which use three
> attaching screws per stancion.  There are two short 7/8" and one
> long 1.0" per
> stancion.  Is the long screw used in the top, middle, or bottom attachment
> point?

Tim, I'm not certain those numbers sound right ... but the longer screw goes
in the bottom hole where the stanchion is the thickest.  You'll have seen
the warning about the wrong screw possibly breaking the glass ... before
putting a screw in, stick a toothpick down the hole and compare the length
to the screw.

Randall