Re: all things British

To: Jim Muller <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Subject: Re: all things British
From: Bob labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 19:37:29 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jim Muller wrote:
> Took the Spitfire out for a Columbus Day jaunt through apple farm
> country.  It was spectacular.  New England foliage coming on-cam,
> fresh apples and pumpkins everywhere, temps in the upper 60's.
> (After those 2 inches of rain yesterday it was quite welcome.  The
> game at Fenway was postponed but tonight's will definitely happen.
> Go Sox!)  Too may cars on some roads, but other roads were totalllly
> empty.  It was great.
>
> Speaking of things British, a friend who attended the gigs we played
> last week gave me a collection of British beers.  Two bottles of
> Bellhaven Ale, and four more bottles bearing the name Fuller's and
> with the claim that they came from England's oldest brewery.  Two of
> them were London Porter, and the other two were something called ESB
> (which I suppose must stand for Extra Special Brew).  If I'm having
> trouble typing it's becaufe of the porter.  Or the ESB.  Eipher one.
> Wow is this stuff great.  I've had Bellhaven befdore and likedit.
> It's the lightest of the the three, belive it or not.  Those Fuller
> boys learned their craft well.  It's a goood think I already pug the
> Spiftire to bed thiss ebening.
>
> Gotta' watch the Sox play the Yankees tonight.  Hope the Sox win,
> prep[ared fot them to lose.  Go Sox!  How 'bout them Cubbies too?
>

> Jim Muller
> muller@pop.rcn.com

Jim,

We have a beer here in central ny called Saranac ESB and the ESB stands
for Extra Special Bitter. Only available during Xmas. It is a very
hopppppy beer (ale). If one likes Pale Ale, ESB or IPA (India Pale Ale)
or just regular British Bitters get ready for those hops!

BTW when I was in GB last, I fell for an ale called John Courage
bitters. It wasnt an ESB but I did like it. Put many a pint away at the
hotel pub.

Bob Labuz

1958 TR3A
1974 T140V