RE: all things British

To: "Dave Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "Bob labuz" <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Subject: RE: all things British
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@idcnet.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 22:54:42 -0500
Cc: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I hate to be pedantic, (he said, preparing to be just that...) but the
draught beer of which Courage is an example is called BITTER, not bitters.
Bitters is something completely different - its a concoction of herbs and
spices used to flavor cocktails (such as Old Fashioneds).  See
http://www.angostura.com/flash/bitter.shtml for more information.

If you ask for a pint of bitters in an English pub you may not get what you
expect...

Michael Marr
1960 TR3A
Whitewater, WI (and ex-pat Englishman)