Re: Spa White

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spa White
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 08:06:09 -0400
Bill,

It's typical not to be able to get exact matches on old colors when
using modern Urethane bases. For example, 56 Royal Blue (dark blue)
TR250 and TR6 I believe, is not available in Urethane. They cross
reference it to a Chrysler Night Watch Blue which they claim to be
"blendable".

In Body Shop talk, blendable means they can paint a patch and then mist
the color coat on to the surrounding areas. Then they clear coat up to
panel edges. Supposedly one can not detect the color variance when the
blending is well done. I'm don't know about single coat systems.

I have seen Night Watch Blue on TR4's and TR250's and I can not tell the
difference. I don't know that I could tell the difference even if they
were side by side. I hope your match works as well.

Don Malling