Re: LBC Humor

To: "francois wildi" <fwildi@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LBC Humor
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:21:54 -0400
Full tank has no room for vapors. Gasoline needs to be in a vapor state, and
the proper(16 to 1 seems to come to mind) air/fuel  ratio to explode. So,
consequently, welding a filled tank would be feasible. But, that being said,
it would also be stupid- Gas vapor venting out the cap as you weld, or the
crack being welded, etc, might ignite- not explode. Then what do you do? Put
it out or let it burn? Let it burn- it is already burning off the vapors- so
they can't gather. But what about when the flame sucks back into the tank
once the fuel level drops due to consumption?  Hopefully, you will have
finished long ago, and then extinguished the flame...

Again- just the points in comparison for you guys- but get a professional to
do any repairs of this nature for you- they should have the insurance to
cover repairs caused by their stupidity- you most likely would not be
reimbursed by an annoyed insurance company!

Scott
(Who learned about burning gases in Firefighter school many years ago)