Crosland oil filter ?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Crosland oil filter ?
From: Robert.Haigney@anixter.com
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:05:16 -0700
I have a crosland 595 oil filter on my 1978 spitfire, I believe a 670 is
also a possible replacement, but does anyone know of another possible
filter that would be available from a regular store, is there a web site I
can go too to cross-reference this filter to find another replacement, or
do I have to go buy a crosland filter.  The ones listed for Fram and all
the usual oil filters are too large on the adapter, I have an adapter but
it's smaller....?

Any ideas....??

Thanks.
Robert.