RE: TR-6 Alternator

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR-6 Alternator
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:07:52 -0700
> Is my alternator going out?  (it's a stock Lucas alternator
> correct for a 1970 TR6)

More likely it's the regulator inside the alternator.  There's at least some
chance it's just the wiring inside, might be worth disassembling and
inspecting.  At least some of the internal regulators are grounded through
their mounting tabs, so it might be as simple as a loose screw.

> By the way .. I've got a 1994 Acura Integra that was hit by a deer.
> Still works good . . .but it isn't really worth repairing.

Man, that deer must've really been moving !
<g>

> Anyone know what I should do with it?

eBay !

Randall