Re: Jap parts on a TR

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Jap parts on a TR
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:03:02 -0500
Scott Tilton asked:

> I have seen documentation on adapting Corvair rear hubs to
> TR6s . . .and the same article made mention of the possibility
> of using Datsun 240Z hubs.
>
> My question is . . has anyone here done that conversion or
> know of someone who has?

I have the so-called "Corvair rear hubs" on my TR6 -- not cheap, and they
require some fiddling to install properly, but they've worked well for me
for several seasons now.

Most TR6s that are raced have non-stock rear hubs, and fabricated front hubs
as well (e.g. the Southwick conversion). If you've ever had a Triumph stub
axle break in a high speed corner (as I have), you'd understand how valuable
these upgrades are.

Jim Hill
Madison WI