Re: Powder Coating Top Frame

To: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Powder Coating Top Frame
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:12:38 -0500
At 08:04 PM 10/21/03 -0400, John Mitchell wrote:
>     Has anyone powder coated their convertable top frame and how did it
> work out?  Just wondering if the coating would be too thick for it to
> move properly.        Thanks in advance,   John Mitchell   76 TR6
>Shelton, CT

We just restored a TR3 top bow set. We sandblasted it, etched it, then
powdercoated it and baked it. There are some areas where the electrostatic
powder coating doeesn't cover, so then we spray painted and baked it to get
those spots. It is beautiful, it works great, and will probably outlast the
car.

uncle jack