Hobbyist Car Painting

To: "Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hobbyist Car Painting
From: "Jeffrey J. Barteet" <barteet@barteet.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:39:03 -0700 (PDT)
Hey, Folks,

I've been thinking about repainting a car, a '64 VW Beetle, in order to
convince myself that I shouldn't ever think about repainting my '62 TR4.

In my youth, I helped friends paint cars with varying degrees of success,
and I felt that I might give it a try on the Bug.

Can anyone tell me what PPG paint system is the most forgiving for a
hobbyist?

By the way, I'm aware of all the dangers, etc. I'm a pretty cautious guy
about things like breathing and what not, so no precautionary statements
required.

Thanks!

-jeffrey