Re: Hobbyist Car Painting

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hobbyist Car Painting
From: M D Nugent <carcentric@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 17:41:24 -0700 (PDT)
Here are my recommendations:
1) If you're okay with waxing the car, use PPG's Omni - a single stage
paint.
2) If you absolutely need a clearcoat, use PPG's higher-priced DBC - a
two stage paint.
3) Use PPG's DP primer/sealer first regardless which paint you choose.
4) Avoid dark colors unless the body's perfectly smooth.
5) Avoid metallics and pearls unless you have a lot of experience.

M D "Doc" Nugent
Renton, WA