Hard starting TR3

To: charles dubois <duboistr3@yahoo.com>
Subject: Hard starting TR3
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 20:12:22 -0400
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net> h9Q0DDws026274
Message text written by charles dubois
>When I crank the engine by depressing the button on the soleniod, the
engine turns freely and powerfully the way it should.   But when I put the
key in and hit the starter button on the dash board, the engine barely
turns over.  Eventually it will start but sometimes I wonder if it will.
<

Is you timing too far advanced?  The spark could be igniting the air/fuel
as the pistion is approaching TDC causing the piston to slow down.

Also, try turning on the key and depressing the button on the solenoid to
see if it behaves any differently.

Dave