How much give to expect in TR3A floor panels?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: How much give to expect in TR3A floor panels?
From: "Joe Lynn" <jlynn604@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 22:18:18 -0400
Hi,

I was looking at a nicely restored 59 TR3A today that I'm very interested in
buying. Looking underneath it, I was pushing on the floow panels, trying to
see if there was any rust problems. They felt pretty thin, and I could feel
the metal buckling a bit as I applied light force. Is this normal? I did see
a bit of rust, but it could have been surface rust? The panels looked fine
under the carpet. How big a job is it to replace or repair the floor panels
if they should rust out?

TIA,
Joe Lynn