Heater Control Woes

To: "Triumphs List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heater Control Woes
From: John & Patricia Donnelly <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 19:10:50 -0700
On my TR4A I have a stock setup for my heater control, but I'm having the
hardest time trying to adjust the cable to control the turn on - turn off
of the valve. Pulling on the knob opens the valve, with some effort.  But
when pushing the knob in it doesn't close the valve. The cable is solid
wire and is definitely smaller than the outer sheath. I believe this is
part of the problem, but I've tried two cables, one from Moss and one from
TRF, and both act the same.

Most of the LBC's I've seen have the same control valve/cable setup. Is
there a special way to adjust the valve/cable?

Thanks!

John