TR7 just quits ?

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR7 just quits ?
From: "Peter Logan" <logan@pt.lu>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 11:24:27 +0100
This strictly relates to the TR8 rather than the TR7.  I ran Lumenition units
on two Range Rovers some years ago, and had exactly the same problems.  Things
just died and then two or three minutes later fired right up again.  After
converting back to points by the roadside, late at night, by torchlight, in
sub-zero temperatures (I was younger then :-)), I finally figured out the
problem was the Lumenition solid state unit overheating because I had
installed it on the top left bulkhead in the engine bay.  Must have been too
close to the exhaust manifold.  After that, I would install the ss unit in the
office to keep it cool.

Pete Logan