pity the poor mechanical idiot h9QFYews001998

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: pity the poor mechanical idiot h9QFYews001998
From: "Andy Taylor" <ataylor@mail.hrca.harvard.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 10:33:16 -0500
Hi List-
I rarely ask for help, generally from embarassment, but I'm anxious to solve
this problem. I replaced spark plugs in my '62 TR4 about a month or so ago
(they were in the glove box when I got the car last Oct) and then the
distributor cap and wires just last week to complete my attempt at a
(unnecessary?) tune-up. There is an electronic (Petronix?) ignition so points
and coil weren't replaced. It started running rough right after that, but was
fine once it got on the road for a bit. But yesterday, it got so bad that it
seems to be running on only three cylinders. Is this the distributor cap and/or
wires failing? Could the plugs need replacing again? All of the above? There is
a distinct smell of gasoline and whitish smoke coming out of the tailpipe.
Where does this incompetent mechanic start? Find someone more competent??
Thanks in advance for any help,
Andy Taylor
Boston

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission, and any documents,
files or previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain
confidential information including Protected Health Information (PHI)
that is legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or
designee, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of any and all attachments to this transmission is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately notify the sender. Please destroy the original
transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any
manner. Thank you. Hebrew Rehabilitation Center for Aged and its
affiliates.