Re: Rack and Pinion Kits

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rack and Pinion Kits
From: "Paul Willoughby's Home" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 18:39:35 -0800
I have the British Auto Restoration kit.  It is nice that it is bolt on.  No
welding required.  I have not completed the install, but the components I
have installed were very easy.  The kit seems to be engineered well.
Brackets are heavy duty, probably much stronger than required.  So far I
have installed the rack mounting brackets, the rack, the tie rod ends and
reversed the steering arms on the vertical links.  It all went very smooth.
Due to some other minor modifications that I'm in the middle of, I haven't
hooked up the steering column or electric fan yet.  I believe that you also
lose the use of your stock turn signal and horn button.  Here are some links
with a little more info:

http://www.linkline.com/personal/koblinger/trsc/tech%20articles/hardsteer.htm

http://athene.as.arizona.edu/~fwildi/cars/tech_talk/steering_frame.htm

Paul W.