Re: Radio conversion to neg ground

To: <ZoboHerald@aol.com>, <wayne_s@lycos.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radio conversion to neg ground
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 00:04:30 -0600
> As I recall, these were a: unsightly; and b: almost as good as the
antennas
> actually imbedded into the windshield. The latter was something that, as I
> recall, Pontiac tried and so did Volvo. They were not outstanding in
> performance.

I had the factory windshield antenna in my 1986 Suburban.  It worked.  The
radio was not a audiophile's delight anyway.  The Pioneer in my 1993
Suburban sounds very nice with a conventional antenna.  Hardly a scientific
test.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com