Re: VTR/TRF Results

To: <Rikrock@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VTR/TRF Results
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 18:12:19 -0500
> Looking at the drag racing results, I see a TR6 ran a 13 something ET.
> My guess is it was the white one with the V-8?  Anyone know for sure?
>
> Rich Rock

Nope, the car that ran 13 something was Tom Ahlstrom's TR6.  It is green and
has a TR4/250 bonnet bubble blended into the TR6 bonnet.  There are a few
other oddities about the car, it has a handle-bar Hurst shifter.  Tom
usually runs the car on superwide (like 10" wide) wheels... oh and the car
has a 250 shot of Nitrous in the trunk.

Other quick facts about the car, are that it has a very heavily modified
J-type overdrive trans and is running Richard Good's Nissan 300ZX rear
differential setup.  Body has been substantially reinforced with plate steel
welded into the rockers and B post to try and stiffen up the body, also
there is a small cage welded to the body that circles the fuel tank.

Oh yah, and it probably has the weirdest specification of carburettors ever
seen on a TR6.  Triple DOWN draft Webers mounted on Richard Good's Triple
Stromberg manifolds.  I don't know the theory behind this one... maybe it
was easier to plumb the nitrous into the DGV webers.

I have some pics from when Tom completed the car.  At the time I worked for
the parts company that sold him all of mechanical rebuild components.  I'll
scan them and post them tonight, some interesting viewing... but it is
mostly the addition of Go-Juice that actually makes this car move, nothing
physically special in the engine.

Kai