TR Valves

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR Valves
From: "Bob Nogueira" <nogera@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 22:32:37 -0600
First let me thank those who responded to my question regarding the crack
between the water ports in my TR heads.
Having saved the cost of buying another head or having to weld up the crack
I'm looking for some advise on spending that money ( and more) on valves.
I'm thinking of going ahead and putting in all new valves, guides and
springs.
So my questions are :
1. for street use ( no racing ) are stellite exhaust valves worth the extra
money over the stock valve?
2. Should I go with the bronze guides or the cast iron guides ?
3. I have heard of installing valve seals on the TR engine. Is it a wasted
effort? where do you obtain them ?
4. One of my engines has the 3/8 inch valve stems. Should I go head and use
the guides that allow use of 5/16 inch stem valves or stick with the 3/8
inch replacements ?
 5. How much under the
Any other suggestions while I have the checkbook out?

And again thanks for all the great advise I've received form this list.
Bob Nogueira