: Re: Water Pump Grease Fitting Missing

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: : Re: Water Pump Grease Fitting Missing
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 21:05:08 EST
Anyone having the aftermarket TR waterpumps 'without grease fitting' can
still grease the bearings. Just pull off the pulley and use a fat 0 ring over
the
breather pinhole in the casting (top of unit between two bearings) to seal
your grease gun's nozzle tip and pump till the dirt and old grease starts to
ooze
past the bearing seals. On my sealed unit I thought the bearings were 'going'
(little crunchies) but now feels smooth as glass.
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74
---------
I'm sorry.......I'm an ole geezer.........I just like to just grease it
myself......pushes all the old stuff out that's been coming in.............I
have
found it easier than replacing it with another 'permanently lubricated'
something or other..........on my cars.....I must have replaced 10-12
'permanently
lubricated' water pumps.   I think permanent means about 3-4 years, eh?
Cheers!
Clark