Re: Hood/Bonnet problem (TR4)

To: <MARamos@smart.com.ph>
Subject: Re: Hood/Bonnet problem (TR4)
From: Darrell Walker <darrellw@ipns.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 22:09:46 -0800
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <techservice@mossmotors.com>
On Dec 2, 2003, at 8:09 PM, <MARamos@smart.com.ph> wrote:

> My hood/bonnet keeps on popping up.
>
> The lid used to open only when I'd hit a bump or hole but it has
> recently gotten worse.  Now it pops open even when the engine's
> running.  Won't stay closed for more than 10 secs.

Hi Manolet,

One thing to do is to make sure the release is opening/closing all the
way.  Clean it up real good, an lubricate it.  It should pull open
easily, and close back all the way (with the bonnet open).  The next
step (and do this VERY carefully, because you might not ever get the
bonnet open) is to adjust the "plunger" portion.   Move it ever so
slightly closer to the side of the bracket that opens/closes.  You
don't want to go too far, or the release won't open far enough (guess
how I know that!).

-Darrell
--
Darrell Walker