Re: Checking Distributor Vacuum Advance

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Checking Distributor Vacuum Advance
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 00:21:52 -0000
Hi Randall
I have the exception to the rule!
I was playing with the timing on my car the other day, and when I put the
vacuum line back on the manifold the timing jumped, knew something was
different but your comment just made it all fall into place!
The car in question, a 2500PI, vacuum advance line comes off the manifold
balance tubes! I guess this is why they deleted vacuum advance on later PI
engines saying it had little effect, could be interesting to find a spare
throttle body and try a timed port. Guess I better study some carb bodies to
work out where to put a timed port!

Graham.