RE: speedo adjustment gearing

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: speedo adjustment gearing
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 13:19:20 -0500
On 8 Dec 2003 at 7:23, Randall Young wrote:

> You'll still need to measure and
> compute a fudge factor for distance at each event though, since the
> diameter of your tires is by no means constant.

Umm...in a prior life (which is to say, more than 25 years ago) I did
a lot of rallying and occasional organizing.  Randall's advice is
valid.  But the reason is more because the tires of the various
rallymasters will vary rather than because your's will.  Unless
things are different now, there is no reason to believe that the
rallymaster's odometer was calibrated for absoloute distance, and
your odo readings will be far more critical than your speedometer.

Just my $.007.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com