Re: TR2/TR3 seat foam, anyone?

To: "Mark Gendron" <mgendron@speakeasy.org>
Subject: Re: TR2/TR3 seat foam, anyone?
From: "THOMAS FANSHER" <tfansher@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 16:11:25 -0500
Cc: "Triumphs list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
In 1973 I was first going through the TR3A and was a semi-starving college
student. I didn't even check to see if new springs were available at the
dealer and had a foam seat cushion made by the upholstery guy. It worked
fine, but didn't have the "give" of the springs. I put it on the passenger
side and since most of the passengers were shorter and younger than me, we
did fine. It looked fine and only when you sat on it did you realize that
there was a difference. I don't know if they make foam with the proper
"give" now or not.
Good riding in fact it's good riding weather today in Central Florida.

Tom  (with springs from Moss now)
61 TR3A - down for steering rebuild    ]
62 TR4  needs to be down for engine rebuild
73 Stag down for overheating due to intake gasket leak

One out of three ain't bad!!!