RE: + or -

To: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net> hBEHLXGx028134
Subject: RE: + or -
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 12:02:30 -0500
Message text written by "Randall Young"
>Last time I had my TR3A towed against my will, I had walked over the hill
buy a condenser.  The car was already impounded by the time I got back.
<

My TR6 condensor failed at the Honey Baked Ham shop 3/4 mile from my house.
 I walked home and the wife brought me back with a replacement rotor, coil
and some other things.  The car would occasionally run (poorly) and I
nursed it to 2 blocks from the house.  (The car would run for a few seconds
and then die) At that point it occured to me to change the condensor which,
of course, fixed it.

A spare rotor is also highly recommended.  There is a batch of bad rotors
out there that will work initially but fail suddenly.

Dave