Re: critiques of RWilliams book___NOW...The Future

To: lang@isis.mit.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: critiques of RWilliams book___NOW...The Future
From: LaJoMor@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:48:24 EST
Cc: tr6taylor@webtv.net
Bob...

You know...this discussion may have hit on something that could be a valuable
resource for future generations of Triumph (and other LBC) enthusiasts.

There are any number of ... shall we call them 'Keepers of the
Knowledge'....? People like yourself that have extensive, hands-on knowledge of
these
wonderful cars that are so unique. This knowledge is generously shared by the
likes
of Dick Taylor, Dan Masters, Kas Kastner, Randall Young, Ted Schumacher, Joe
Alexander, Jack Drews, Bill Piggott, John Williams, the gentleman you mention,
Lee Rekenberger, and yourself, among others, but unless someone has the
motivation (such as Dan Masters, Roger Williams, John Williams, Kas
Kastner,etc.) to
put together something that is tangible (books, primarily) I am very
concerned this knowledge will be lost to future generations.

I trace my first 'awakenings' (affliction?) to British cars back to my first
XK140 FHC Dinky Toy! I am now in a rush to get my 250 back on the road so I
can share it with my grandson who is 7. I have a 1977 Bonneville in the garage
with 2,500 miles that I hope someday will be his to enjoy also. I am BY NO
MEANS an authority of any kind on the marque, but I know how to research, ask
questions, and collect information. This list and it's contributors, along with
various publications have been of tremendous help to me as I progress through
my
own restoration project. I would have gone down many dead-ends and made many
(more) mistakes without benefit of this list and the books I have read and
referenced, including Bentley!

The likes of Roger Williams, John Williams, Dan Masters should, at every
turn, be lauded and supported, not made the butt of negative criticism and
flippant
 comments. Hey, we need all the help we can get. It will be their (and
hopefully more in the future) contributions that will ensure this "delightful
madness" will continue for many, many years into the future!

Now, I must get off the 'soap box,' return to my garage, and continue with my
'delightful madness'.

Larry M
TR250...my labor of love