Baked Triumph

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Baked Triumph
From: "Terry" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 21:23:03 -0500
Hello, Everyone.

Because this is a common problem, I thought I'd share the solution to a TR3A
trunkful of water frozen into a solid block in the dead of winter.  I'm
surprised the solution hasn't been thought of before, ahem....

As I mentioned before, the tarp over my TR3A body (off the car) sank into the
trunk under the weight of two heavy snow, and one heavy rain, storms.  Water
filled the trunk and froze.

Tonight I took a small Coleman camp stove, lit it on low, and inserted it into
the spare tire compartment, then leaned the plywood that SHOULD have been over
the trunk in the first place, against the compartment to keep the heat in.
Left to bake a couple of hours, I came back after dark by flashlight and
tapped lightly into the ice with a BF screwdriver and a small ball peen
hammer. Ice came out in big chunks, piece of cake.  When the tarp lifted out,
the trunk was dry.

Dignity restored for the both of us.

Uhm, don't tell anyone.

Terry Smith
New Hampshire
'59 TR3A (In pieces, but they're mostly clean now.)