RE: GENERATOR VS. ALTERNATOR

To: "'L1J1S@aol.com'" <L1J1S@aol.com>, "TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net" <TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: GENERATOR VS. ALTERNATOR
From: John & Patricia Donnelly <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 18:47:29 -0800
Randall had a good answer, but I believe it also depends on other factors,
such as additional driving lights, stereo, mods, etc, that draw additional
amperage that the generator isn't capable of putting out. You can't add
power draining features without the power plant to make it work.

The poll you're taking is more about whether or not that any customizing of
your car will add or subtract from it's value. It could be carbs, starter,
exhaust, wheels, etc that have been talked about many, many times on this
board. As you'll find in the other threads, the answer is "it depends".

John in San Diego
'67 TR4A