Re: Kas's book

To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Kas's book
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 14:58:01 -0500
On 21 Dec 2003 at 12:47, Fred Thomas wrote:

> Remember Ted is a everyday contributor to this list

I don't recall the original post (I probably deleted it immediately)
so I can only guess at its contents or even who posted it.  However,
I will contribute anyway, supposing that the original poster was Ted
Schumacher of TSI.  A month or so ago I had occasion to both exchange
email and and speak on the phone with him.  One of the topics we
discussed briefly was the validity of the technical advice here.  He
made the following interesting statement.  Though he occasionally
reads advice that his experience would suggest is dubious, he felt
that the fact that he maintains a commercial establishment restrains
him from answering as freely as he would like.  Inotherwords, he was
quite sensitive to the matter of appearing to using the Triumphs list
for his commercial benefit.  To my perspective at that time, it
seemed admirably over-restrained.  Shucks, I would have urged him to
post more and worry less, but then, I don't rule the world and nobody
asked me.

Just my $.007, seein' as how the question was asked.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com