Re: GT6 trans rebuild - looking for tech info

To: aribert <aribert@c3net.net>, triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GT6 trans rebuild - looking for tech info
From: Jim <cartr4a@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 20:43:37 -0800 (PST)
I found this site helpful when I rebuilt my gearbox, and I didn't use any
special tools.

http://gt6.duncanamps.com/overdrive.php

Hope this helps,
Jim
'67 TR4/a
'68 GT6
http://www.geocities.com/britishiron2000

aribert <aribert@c3net.net> wrote:

Does any one know of a similar article or website for the GT6 gearbox?
I have the Bently manual and it makes numerous references to the various
Churchill Tools. I have basic machining capabilities (along with a
welder, lathe & mill) so I can fab tools as needed but I am not
confident that I understand how all the specialty tools function. The
only two areas of a car that I have never worked on are transmission
repair and setting up a ring and pinion, and I intend to learn about
gearbox repair a bit this winter.