GT6 trans rebuild - looking for tech info

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 trans rebuild - looking for tech info
From: aribert <aribert@c3net.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 23:23:20 -0500
I am looking into replacing the synchros in my early (67) GT6
transmision.  I had this trans rebuilt by Vinco, using the TRF rebuild
kit, about 6 years ago but due to a crappy Borg&Beck clutch/pressure
plate, the second gear synchro is very worn and the 3rd gear synchro is
not much better.  I have aquired a LUK pressure plate and since the
trans is out of the car I might as well replace the synchos.  I've
surfed the Buckeye Triumph site and printed out the pages with respect
to the TR6 gearbox rebuild (appears to be a wonderfully consise set of
articles by Nelson Riedel).

Does any one know of a similar article or website for the GT6 gearbox?
I have the Bently manual and it makes numerous references to the various
Churchill Tools. I have basic machining capabilities (along with a
welder, lathe & mill) so I can fab tools as needed but I am not
confident that I understand how all the specialty tools function.  The
only two areas of a car that I have never worked on are transmission
repair and setting up a ring and pinion, and I intend to learn about
gearbox repair a bit this winter.

If this  subject has been covered on the list in the past 10 weeks, my
appology - I'm a bit behind in my Triumph digest list reading.  Please
point me to the approximate dates or digest number and I will look there.