Re: sellers

To: "brian forwood" <bj4wood@optusnet.com.au>
Subject: Re: sellers
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 08:48:05 -0500
Cc: "john taylor" <jat1127@hotmail.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net hBNEdUGx002814
Message text written by "brian forwood"
>For me the most odious part of this saga is that it
had no educational benefit for those of us who do not race TRs for a
passion
<

Brian, I suggest that the book is for anyone who wants to improve the
performance of his TR. Better breathing will make a car go faster whether
it is on the track or on the street.  Kas often discusses the extent to
which to take these improvements based on the target - be it track or
street.  And where he doesn't, one can read betwen the lines to dilute the
dosage of the operations.  For example, there are directions on increasing
the compression ratio to 10:1.  For street use you may want to stop at
9.5:1.  Easy enough, just mill less off of the head.  Worked for me.
Radiusing the sharp edges in the combustion chamber will benifit any car.

Racing improves the breed.  There is no reason it cant be retroactive.

Dave