Who the hell wants turkey anyway?

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Who the hell wants turkey anyway?
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 22:36:20 -0000
Come April next year, it'll be five years since a very tired, fuel injected
hulk came to rest in my garage. I looked at it and self-certified myself as
insane. A year ago saw the full repaint at the end of a rolling restoration
and throughout the summer just gone, it was clear there was still a slight
fever. I knew what ailed but tried to avoid the inevitable and two weeks ago
finally succumbed to a considerable funds outflow in pursuit of reluctant
horses. That has now been cured with a fully rebuilt metering unit, six new
injectors and a new M/U drive dog. The horses have now returned and
everything is now how it should be - including a full tank for the next week
that cost $72 for the privilege. If I can keep the accelerator off the
toe-board and the speedo needle under 90 - there's just a chance I might
make New Year's Eve before refilling.
Happy Christmas everyone.

Jonmac

"In the Shadow of my Father" aka "Life at Triumph"
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook

---