Re: TR3/4 Fuel Pump Modification

To: "Geo Hahn" <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>, "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3/4 Fuel Pump Modification
From: "dixie" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:17:17 -0000
The priming lever rod looks to me as though it is an original fitment to the
pump and not a modification.

I have seen similar on BMC \ BL \ Rover diesel AC lift pumps.

Possibly the pump on offer is a replacement pump from another make of car.
Maybe a Sunbeam Apline as I seem to recall that this car also uses the same
bolt pattern.

This does happen, when I bought my TR4A in 1999 an ignition distributor unit
from a 1968 US spec MGB...........(washes mouth out with soap)....... was
fitted. It ran fine but obviously had some difference otherwise it would
have had a TR4A matching part number.

Otherwise a rod instead of a lever may just be one of those parts bin
mysteries.

Adrian
1966 TR4A CT64306 O
Wales, UK