Spitfire 1500 shocks question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, nass@yahoogroups.com, spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Spitfire 1500 shocks question
From: John Innis <innisjohn@mcleodusa.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:50:22 -0600
Hey gang, sorry for the cross-post if anyone get this more than once,
but I wanted to pose a question and offer up my URL to a few lists.

First the question, I took my recently purchased 76 Spit 1500 out for
a quite leisurely drive on Sunday, and had to cut it short because
the Monroe Max Air shock on the left rear broke during the quick
trip.  Has this happened to anyone else?  You can see pics on my web
site (link below.)  Also, what do the experienced Spit owners like to
run for shocks?  I plan to work the car up to do a bit of autocross,
so performance handling is an issue, but I don't want to get so
aggressive that it can not be driven on Iowa roads.  Suggestions?

Now for show and tell.  Here is my web site with a few pics and a LOT
of text about the car.

http://users.mcleodusa.net/i/innisjohn/murphy_home.html

The story of why the car has been dubbed Murphy.  The list of the
work I have done so far. And so forth.  If you have any other
suggestions or tips for a new Spitfire owner, please feel free to
send them along!

John
--
"Never offend people with style when you can